We are here to brief you about this amazing browser in its article named Opera Browser. Many of us think we know much about the Opera Web Browser but we have gathered some interesting facts that people actually are not aware of. The browser is compatible with many OS platforms in the market hence is really popular.
In this article today, you will find the download procedures of the Opera Browser for various devices. These include; For Windows PC, for Mac OS devices, and for Linux (ubuntu). We will guide you through the steps for each in their respective sections.
So, if you wish to know the specific details relating to the Opera Browser download then keep reading this article.
Opera Browser Features & Meaning
This browser was first publicly made available in the year 1996. Ever since then, the browser has been subjected to several major changes and upgrades. The system grew at a really amazing rate and the reports suggest this with more than 350 million worldwide users by the end of 2014.
Before we go to the steps for any of the device’s download, we would like to take you through some of the features of this amazing browser. Here are few key points to justify the great Opera Browser;
- Firstly, the browser allows its user to enjoy private browsing. This means that the browser is really strict with the privacy policies and is highly secure for people to use their personal information on it.
- Opera allows its user to retrieve all of the closed tabs or windows from the current session from a list. This happens in the reverse order of the closing task.
- Moreover, it has extensions support. These extensions are like add-ons that improve the Opera Browsing experience.
- The password manager tool is such that it inquires on every page where there is a password for the browser to either remember the password for you o to not remember it.
- The browser also informs the user if there is anything wrong with the settings, a problem with the URL or page corruption authenticity is high.
- Opera Turbo mode when On allows the users to access the websites with high speeds at networks with a low connection. The user will save data by this mode use.
- Speed Dialing: This is when the blank home page or when a new tab opened is replaced with a page with slots which the user can set to contain web page bookmarks. Using these bookmark slots, the user can reach his desired page that he has saved.
- The later versions are incorporated with mouse gesture features. When on the Opera Browser, the user can use the mouse gestures to navigate through and enhance the browsing experience.
With these features, the Opera Browser seem to be unstoppable. The security protocols are slick and the content browsing through the app is securely manageable by the users. It is one of the best Browsers that any techie would recommend for simple and efficient use.
Opera Browser for Windows 10/8/7/XP Download
Many PC devices come with their own browser choices and most of the users tend to adjust with that as their only chance to browsing the web. Well, that is long gone by now. We want to tell our readers that with advancement in technology and development in the application Software world has lead to a significant change.
This means that it is a good news for all Opera Browser lovers. Yes, friends! the browser is available for download and installation as a software from its main (official) website. In this article, we will begin with the Windows PC download for the Opera Browser.
We will get to the download link and steps in a minute, but first, we would like to put up the system requirements for your Windows PC device. This compatibility check is mandatory to see whether the download version of the app will work in the Windows PC device that you have. Here are the points to consider this;
- The file will require any version of Windows above Windows 7 (i.e. XP, 8, 8.1 & 10)
- The RAM requirement is above 512MB
- Additionally, Device memory should have 300MB of free disk space.
Now, with these requirements in control, any Windows PC user can get the downloading procedure of the Opera Browser done. Fortunately, the Opera Browser download is available through the official website of Opera. We will guide you to get there and successfully get through the whole procedure.Here are the steps for the Windows PC user to download the browser on their device;
Here are the steps for the Windows PC user to download the browser on their device;
- Firstly, you will have to click on this link below to initiate the download.
Download Opera Browser App for WindowsPC
- The Opera Browser .exe file will start downloading automatically on clicking the link.
- After the download is complete, click on the .exe file and run its setup.
- Select the “install” option and wait for the process to complete.
- After installing the browser application successfully on your Windows PC, you will find the Browser icon on your desktop.
With just these simple steps, you will be ready with the best browser of the world. With Opera on your PC you can easily navigate its features like Hotclick, Bookmark, save the link, save pages, page layout selection, image loading, etc. Don’t wait up for anything else. Just follow the steps above and get your Opera Browser.
Download Opera Browser for Mac
Similar to the Windows PC, now the Mac user can also get the Opera Browser download for their devices. We’ll brief you with the steps to download the file on Mac devices by providing the official link for the same. Before going to the download steps, we request you to check these system requirements first.
To make sure if your Mac OS device is compatible the app or not, you need to crosscheck the following points;
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) or later.
- 32-bit or 64-bit Intel processors.
- Should have 512MB RAM or higher.
- The app browser requires about 300MB of free disk space for performing without any lags.
With these requirements tackled down, without any further delay, we will get down to the download procedure. Follow these steps as they are given to download and install it on the Mac OS device;
- Firstly, click on this link to download the Opera Browser zip file for Mac OS devices. “Download Opera Browser App for Mac OS“
- Next, you need to click on the zip file and extract the files in it.
- Click the icon and drag it to the “Applications” folder there.
- The app will start installing prior to which the confirmation message will prompt up.
- Allow the installation to complete successfully.
By following this link, you will download the official Opera Browser for you Mac OS device easily. With the fast processors of the Mac OS, this browser works like a miracle. Share this information with all your Mac OS device holder friends so that they can too enjoy the browser with exclusive features.
Opera Browser for PC using Bluestacks
As good as the official app download sounds, it sill is time-consuming to complete the process. So, we have another method in line for our readers to get the Opera Browser download using the Bluestacks application as an Android Emulator. The Android emulator is an application that helps the users to run the Android apps on the PC devices.
If you have one on your device then its good but if you do not have one, then you will have to download it for your device. For our readers, we recommend the Bluestacks app download for your Windows and Mac PC devices. Here are the steps to follow for the whole process;
- First, download the Bluestacks Application for your Windows or Mac PC. Click on this link below to do this; “Download Bluestacks for Windows PC“
- Install the Opera Browser on your PC after downloading the Bluestacks application.
- Then, when you launch it on your PC you will have to enter the Google Account credentials into it. This is similar to the Google Play Store rules.
- After this, when the application loads to its home screen, type “Opera Browser” in the search bar and look for it.
- You will get several results on the screen and you will have to download the latest version of the app.
- You can use the Android APK file if you already have and run it using the Bluestacks application.
- This will directly install the Opera Browser on your Windows PC through the Bluestacks application.
So now, our readers have the optional method for getting the Opera Browser on their Windows/Mac PC. Although the direct application download seems to be a better choice, if you do have an emulator and the APK file for Opera Browser, then you will easily be able to execute this method.
Opera Browser for Ubuntu
Just like the other operating systems, the Linux-based Ubuntu system is also compatible with the Opera browser download. So, in this section of the article, we will describe the steps for the Ubuntu users to download and install the Opera Browser for their PC devices.
Before we move to the steps though, we would like to draw your attention towards the system requirements before you actually execute the procedure. This is important to check with every device and application before you perform the download. Hence, here are the points of the requirements:
- Opera 26 is compatible with Ubuntu 14.04 and higher version.
- The RAM of the device must be 512MB and higher.
- 300MB of disk space should be free for good performance.
The system requirements are actually simple to maneuver, but the steps are even more easy to perform. Here are the steps that we want you to follow while downloading the Opera Browser on your PC devices with Ubuntu OS;
- Firstly, you need to click on this link below to directly download the deb file for your Ubuntu OS PC.
Download Opera for Linux (Ubuntu)
- The file size is about 48MB so please be patient with the download.
- After downloading the file, click on it to run its setup.
- Click on the “Install” tab and allow the installation process to continue.
- After a while, the installation process will be complete.
- Click “finish” to end the process.
- Finally, launch the browser and let it introduce itself to your PC. The initial startup will load all its features and land to a default homepage.
This winds up the process to download and install the Opera Browser on your PC. The Opera browser is also compatible with other Linux OS Softwares like Debian, Fedora, RedHat, etc. So, follow these steps accordingly to easily get the browser on your device.
Alternatives of Opera Web Browser
The Opera Browser is good, but it still has some flaws in it. There are several reasons associated with this and so we would like to put up all the options for our readers on the table. We have put up a small collection of few great alternatives of the Opera Browser for your respective devices.
Here is a list of the alternatives which are worth a look at, and their short description;
- Safari: Developed by the Apple Inc. which was later released as a public beta in January 2003. This unique browser was meant to lift the iPhone and other iOS device user’s standards. The app browser supports various languages hence global iOS users take the benefit from it. This is a decent alternative to the Opera Browser download, but just for the iOS devices.
- Google Chrome: This browser is really an amazing browser for the Windows and Mac PCs. The Chrome browser has exclusive features in it through which the browsing process becomes easy and efficient for its users. Some of em are; quick startup and page loading, reflects a slick user interface, automatic updating of the browser itself and add-on features in the background, etc. Chrome is now also available as “Google Chrome Beta” for the Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser developed by Mozilla Foundation, and is completely free to users. It is distinctively super-fast and it includes the awesome screen layout. Also allows easy return to the results (History, bookmarks, Last page visited, etc). Mozilla Firefox is available on Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems as well as Android for mobile devices.
- Lunascape: It is also a popular web browser for use. The browser is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS and Linux operating systems.
- Chromium: It is a fresh browser and was lately released on September 2008. The browser has its ups and downs as the parameters keep changing. The browser shares a majority of its code and features with the Google Chrome and hence undergo severe competition in the market.
There are several more such browser apps for all like; Internet Explorer, Vivaldi Browser, UC Browser, Node, Brave, Sleipnir,etc. We request our readers to read this information and then decide or you can look up the internet to search for more Alternatives to the Opera Browser for your device.
How to Update Opera Browser
Updating your Internet browser is really important in terms of both security measures and to ensure that the loading process is efficient in response. Also, updating the extensions, plug-ins, and other add-ons that you have downloaded and installed with the browser for it’s better performance.
With Opera Browser, there are two modes of the updating process. The system of Opera Browser is such that it allows users to either, automatically get the updates or manually install the upgrades. In this section, we will guide you through both the methods of updating so that our readers get the idea for making the upgrades. Here are the two methods, elaborated with steps for the same;
- Method 1: Automatic Updates
- The good thing with Opera Browser is that it will automatically detect if there is any upgrade available for the browser in the market. If there is one that it can detect, the system will notify the user with a notification and page pop up. When the user gets an update info, he/she has to click Update Opera selection on the screen. The update will download and install on your current Opera Browser. After that, you will have to relaunch your Opera browser to see the updates on it.
- Method 2: Manual Updates
- In this method, you will have to manually ask the Opera Browser to check for updates. To execute this, we have the following steps that you need to follow;
- Firstly, you will have to launch the Opera Browser on your respective device.
- Click on the Opera Menu button at the top of your web browser window, and scroll down to look for the option “About Opera” (probably the second last option).
- The browser system will check if any update from your current version is available or not. At this time, the screen will display “Checking for updates…” You need to wait for some time with this.
- If an update is available, the details will be displayed and you can select the “get this update” option to begin the upgrade. You will be able to see the download progress in form of percentage of content downloaded.
- After completion of the download and installation, you will have to restart the Opera Browser. You can exit Opera and then relaunch it, or you can click the “Relaunch Now” option to directly exit and relaunch.
- If the updates of Opera and its tools was successful, then you will see the “Opera is up to date” option under “About Opera” display.
- In this method, you will have to manually ask the Opera Browser to check for updates. To execute this, we have the following steps that you need to follow;
We think these steps are well explained and all our readers have understood the process. You can choose either of the methods and at times, you can do ’em both. In the next section of the article, we will discuss some of the major upgrades with our readers.
Latest Versions of Opera Browser
With time, the versions of the Opera Browser have been upgraded to better configurations. We are here to let you know about some of these major changes that occurred with the Opera system. The Opera was initiated back in 1994 as a research project at Telenor. Until version 2.0, the Opera Browser was called MultiTorg Opera.
Opera has undergone extensive changes and improvements with the introduction to notable features in it ever since. Here are some of those major upgrades that we would like to tell our readers about;
- Version 10 launched in 2009 came out with several additions in the list of Opera’s features making it the 100/100 acid test scorer. With this version out, about 10 million downloads were in the record at that time. With this version, more upgrades came in like Geolocation and AVG malware protection.
- Version 12 had sped its way towards the outcomes like hardware acceleration, support WebGL, etc. It came up with improvements, bugfixes and security updates as its resources rendered.
- Coming to the Opera 2015 models, With the revolution in the smartphone industry came the Opera Mini which was a Mobile browser. This app brought up several features in store like new home page look, improved history manager, Speed Dial start pages, an audio indicator, keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures, and much more.
- On January 2015, Opera 27 was released based on chromium 40. The browser had some features like an addition of the menu bar to the right tab, bookmark sync between Opera on any device using the Opera Accounts.
- Opera in 2016 is excelling fast with several Chromium-based versions along with unlimited VPN service to Opera account holders.
The updates are still in progress with several prototypes on the go. Developers are working on projects which will bring in more network processing and secure browsing due to rise in internet crimes that are predictions of the future concepts. We hope you have got the basic idea on the version history with the information in this section.
Opera Portable Browser – Features & How to Use
Opera Portable Edition is on of the fastest, most modifiable browsers on a portable drive which you can use on any computer. With Opera Portable Edition you’ll never have to settle with inbuilt options like Internet Explorer or Safari on any computer again.
Opera Browser is fast and free for use, with advanced browsing, sharing and personalization options in it. The Portable edition of the Opera browser stands alone and is packaged in a portable browser version that you can always have at hand on a USB drive. Here are the steps for Windows users to download the Opera Portable edition from the official site;
- Click on this link when on your Windows PC to download the Opera Browser’s Portable version.
Download Opera Portable Browser for Windows PC
- After downloading the .exe file, click on it and run its setup.
- Click on the “Install” option and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, after the installation is complete, you will restart the Windows PC to see the Opera Portable browser.
This Opera Portable Browser gives the users the performance they’d want to have and it does not require any kind of time-consuming setup. Install this app on your portable drive if you have to use public PC. With this, the Opera Portable Browser will simply lift your browsing experience when on the go.
Opera Browser Tips and Tricks
We know that most of our readers will understand the basic functioning of the browser. For those who would simply learn their way after using the app, it won’t take too long but will be longer than those who can learn the tips and tricks to use the Browser here with us.
In this section of the article, we will guide you through some key points and functions that are essential for our readers to know. In order to learn the browser functions and tricks, we request you to note these points that we enlist here;
- Launch the Opera Browser on your device.
- Open any random page and go to settings menu.
- Make sure that this option is under selection so that it will execute that way.
- To customize the Speed Dial feature: Opera Mini and other mobile versions have the speed dial feature in which slots of different screens is saved on one main home page. In the slots the user can save the frequent websites that he/she attends to. It saves the exact page so the user can access the page directly. To customize this, On the slots, long press the empty slots and it will open the options to add a website or page. For this, you must have visited the page recently so that it appears in the history. If you wish to delete a speed dial, choose the particular web site slot and long press to get the options and select “delete” to remove it from there.
- To sync Browsing Data on Opera: When the user is using the web through the Opera Browser and it becomes irritating for the user to transfer all the browsing data from one device to another. This is when the Sync feature comes to use. It will allow the user to save and access the data from one device browser to another. For this, simply the user must have an Opera Account. While using Opera, the user will choose the “Synchronization” option followed by entering his/her Opera Account credentials and then select “sync now” option.
So, these were some of the basic tips to navigate the Opera Browser and its tools. We know that there are more tools that others might have some difficulty with so why don’t you let us know what your Opera Browser navigation difficulty is and we will try to resolve those in our next article.
Chrome vs Opera Browser
After reviewing the descriptions of the Opera Browser, we would like to compare the browser with its leading rivals. One of them is Google Chrome. The Chrome browser and Opera compete to a great level in terms of competitiveness, performance and delivering services.
Chrome holds the first rank in market share with about 32% of the market while Opera ranks fifth with 0.61% of the market. Both the apps show good growth trends in his regard as per the survey and statistics from last year’s readings. Whatever was Chrome’s reading, we have validity that about 84% mark was made by Opera Browser which outsourced the rest of the rivals far afield.
In terms of performance, the Google Chrome Browser is about 50% more faster than any of its competitors and including Opera Browser. Yet, the efficiency with such a high speed is questionable with Chrome. Opera is accurate with fairly decent speeds and the Turbo mode makes it even better. The only drawback is data consumption on Turbo mode is not appropriate.
Safari vs Opera Browser
Safari is the web browser for iOS devices only. This brings down its utility from global users and only concentrates towards all iOS device users. Although, this does not directly influence its reputation or its market value. Safari and Opera Browser compare to one another in several different aspects other than operating system compatibility alone.
In the market, Safari trends with the third position rank beating Opera as of now. The Browser performance with Opera in Mac and Windows is better than the Safari in iOS. This may be a heavy factor for the Opera to gain victory over Safari browser.
Opera vs Firefox Browser
Boh the named Browsers are compatible with Window, Mac and Linux operating Softwares. This increases their creditability among its users. Mozilla Firefox ranks 4th in market share and responses which is just a mark ahead of the Opera Browser’s position in the same.
Mozilla Firefox is 33% faster than Opera Browser in time spent while launching the browser. There is a change of fraction while setting the time of the launch. This fraction delay will cause the loss of the points for Opera in front of Firefox. Due to this reason, Opera’s performance lags some characteristics. And hence, this decreases some points for Opera.
Both the Browsers have equally the same amount of features and both perform well with them too. Mozilla is older than the Opera Browser but evolving to match up with the greatest competitors in its field. Opera having the score of 8 in security as we mentioned above, is crushed with Firefox’s performance in Browsescope score with 13 points mark. Never the less, the apps have similar working patterns and equally competent in terms of performance and accuracy matters.
With this, we will wrap this article on Opera Browser here. We hope we have given you enough information to make you understand as much as we could on the browser and its features, competencies, use, and alternatives. If you have any query and wish to share your views with us, then write to us at Opera Mini. Thank you, dear readers for your time.